2019 - Chris Payton, 6-7/205, SF, Bloomington, IL

Post Reply
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 920
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 am

Chi-bird wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 am
Chris Payton still very well may come to ISU.

That's a lot of sugar on your Cheerios.

One visit from Jerrance, who teaches masters-level charismatics at KU...and I don't see how Chris could shake the thought of playing at the big-time, wherever that may be.

ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:37 am

V Boy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:11 am
Best hope here is kid starts at a Kansas and doesn't get enough time and Muller keeps his seat warm. Let's move forward and get some lightning quick 5-11 guards in here a-la Jordan Barnes.
I'm bummed we lost Kendle Moore to Drake. That was our Jordan Barnes.

We seemed ahead of Drake at this point .... https://www.prephoops.com/2017/06/recru ... oore-2018/

User avatar
Chi-bird
Sophomore
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 am
Chi-bird wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 am
Chris Payton still very well may come to ISU.

That's a lot of sugar on your Cheerios.

One visit from Jerrance, who teaches masters-level charismatics at KU...and I don't see how Chris could shake the thought of playing at the big-time, wherever that may be.
That KU team might beat Wichita one of these years.

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1185
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Chi-bird wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 pm
Humdinger wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 am
Chi-bird wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 am
Chris Payton still very well may come to ISU.

That's a lot of sugar on your Cheerios.

One visit from Jerrance, who teaches masters-level charismatics at KU...and I don't see how Chris could shake the thought of playing at the big-time, wherever that may be.
That KU team might beat Wichita one of these years.
Shocks have lost their last two. Frankly, they looked awful against Houston.
Image

DWRedbird
Sophomore
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:37 am

Chi-bird wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 am
Chris Payton still very well may come to ISU.

My guess is if we see Payton in a Redbird uniform it will be with 2 years of eligibility not 4.

Redbird Alum 2004
Sophomore
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:19 pm

What other schools are showing him a ton of interest? Hoping he still comes to ISU

4thRowRedbird
Freshman
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:09 pm

ILL-ANNOY. He was at their game against Nebraska today.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:06 am

4thRowRedbird wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:09 pm
ILL-ANNOY. He was at their game against Nebraska today.

If he does go there. It's kind of the ultimate slap, considering he already had the U of I offer when he VCd to us.

User avatar
TIMMY
Sophomore
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: 1050 W Addison

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:52 am

I learned a long time ago not to take anything a high school kid does or says personally. He committed too early. He never went through the courting process. Hopefully it's us. We'll see.
Last edited by TIMMY on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Redbird222
Freshman
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:34 am

I hope it comes down to illinos vs.
someone else ... I then at least give us a fighting chance. If it's Kansas, goodbye Mr. Payton

CB2K
Freshman
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Dan has shown that he can recruit. Here is another example of a plus recruit that he has focused on. I think Dan has signed some promising recruits and next year looks very promising as well. Chris needs to strongly consider ISU. He can embrace his hometown school and be a part of something exciting. BU had a sweet sixteen team with hometown type players like Daniel Ruffin and Marcellus Sommerville and even Jeremy Crouch. Adding players of this caliber contributes to solid program building. I hope he chooses ISU regardless of outsiders pawing for his services. I remember when this board just about begged MiKyle McIntosh to come to ISU even though he had offers from P5 schools such as Miami. He did come here and was part of a 28 win team. Chris could also be part of a winning team here if he embraces the best -- ISU Redbirds.

HT59
Freshman
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am

CB2K wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:43 pm
Dan has shown that he can recruit. Here is another example of a plus recruit that he has focused on. I think Dan has signed some promising recruits and next year looks very promising as well. Chris needs to strongly consider ISU. He can embrace his hometown school and be a part of something exciting. BU had a sweet sixteen team with hometown type players like Daniel Ruffin and Marcellus Sommerville and even Jeremy Crouch. Adding players of this caliber contributes to solid program building. I hope he chooses ISU regardless of outsiders pawing for his services. I remember when this board just about begged MiKyle McIntosh to come to ISU even though he had offers from P5 schools such as Miami. He did come here and was part of a 28 win team. Chris could also be part of a winning team here if he embraces the best -- ISU Redbirds.
Chris could be walking into a very exciting time at ISU. Being a local would only add to the fun. Come on Chris, become a redbird and lets all share the ride.

redbirdron1
Freshman
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:33 am

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 am

I've never seen Payton play. Many of my pals have seen him
play city games or at the Pontiac tourney. The usual review is he's
very athletic, has upside but not a pure shooter.

This sounds like a very typical Muller recruit. Long, athletic and will be
?? shooting the ball. I believe Muller has been known to say on programs
like the SCORE/AM 670 that he can work with or teach kids to shoot.

Sometimes yes and......other times not so much. Personally, not going to worry
about Payton coming to ISU. Lots of fish in the recruiting pond. Yes, always nice
to get locals and keep them vs. Big 10.

Brick
Freshman
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 am

The ship has sailed on this kid

User avatar
PubIIDreaming
Sophomore
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:21 am

Brick wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 am
The ship has sailed on this kid
Because.....?

redbird Recon
Freshman
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:22 am

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 am

HT59 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am
I remember when this board just about begged MiKyle McIntosh to come to ISU even though he had offers from P5 schools such as Miami.
I don't mean to derail this thread, but the sea parted for ISU when it became clear he wasn't going to qualify year one. I assume the same is true for Mr. Copeland.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Weird that Chris' season is over and he hasn't got any more scholarship offers yet. I know the flood gates will open for him in the summer but I'm surprised no one else has offered.

SgtHulka
Junior
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm
Weird that Chris' season is over and he hasn't got any more scholarship offers yet. I know the flood gates will open for him in the summer but I'm surprised no one else has offered.
Coaches are busy watching his competition, like Liddell
RIP Frank Y, Mother Hulka, Berg, Ray F, Jim and Janet T
Image

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm
Weird that Chris' season is over and he hasn't got any more scholarship offers yet. I know the flood gates will open for him in the summer but I'm surprised no one else has offered.
Not weird at all....many high major programs are busy right now with post season plus big AAU month of April is right around the corner. The offers usually come flooding out in April and early May if he plays well.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:51 am

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/04/chris-payton-video/

He has heard from Xavier, Kansas State, New Mexico State, and Kansas, no offers yet. He went to an Illinois game and loved the atmosphere. He also said this time around recruitment he is looking for a good academic fit, and a lot of minutes. He said he doesn't care about the level as long as he gets those two things. He also said he is still in contact with ISU and still has a lot of respect for the Birds. It aint over tell its over!

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest